Thursday, May 13, 2010

Big Day! Orientation Call!


Look what we did today!! Had our orientation call with AGCI!!

We had a big adoption milestone today, and it was so great! This morning I went to Jody's office at 10:30 to talk to sweet Tiffany, our Inquiry Services Coordinator. She is absolutely precious! We got her on speakerphone so we could both hear her and ask lots of questions! She walked through lots of paperwork with us about the overall adoption process and Ethiopia program. It was such a HUGE help in better understanding what this journey is going to look like. I feel like we got our questions answered...and we're ready to tackle some paperwork!


Well, there's no time like the present...so we started signing away right there in Jody's office!


We were initialing and signing our Ethiopia Program Service Plan...it's all getting so official...and REAL!


Here's a little peek at our Orientation Packet...it is filled with resources to help us on our adoption journey, plus all the forms we need to get signed and notarized.

All I can say is that I love All God's Children International! They have been wonderful so far! It has been so amazing all the steps they have taken to make sure we understand everything that we are doing. They have been so helpful and have patiently answered all our many questions. I am just so impressed with them...and our journey is just beginning! I am sure that there are many other great adoption agencies out there, but I have to give ours a little shout-out! We heart AGCI!


Okay, ya'll...how precious is this?!! Can you believe that when we got home from dinner last night...this was wrapped in a cute bag with pink ribbon hanging on our front door handle! Our baby girl got her first baby gift!! :) I just love it! It is from a sweet couple who go to our church and live in our neighborhood...they heard our good news! I just still can't believe it...it just made my night!

Talk about making this seem so real...baby girl gets her first baby gift last night and then we have our orientation call today! Ahhh...I just love it! I am just filled with so much joy! I had tears in my eyes as I drove away from Jody's office after our phone call...just so moved by what this next year is going to bring, and WHO this next year is going to bring. Because you know what? At the end of all this paperwork and waiting is our daughter...our child...and I know God is working all of this in His perfect timing. This is all about HIM! We pray that He is glorified in every step along the way.

On the front of the orientation packet is one of my favorite verses,
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Such a perfect verse for today, as we are looking toward the future...anticipating this journey to our baby girl. We are so thankful that God knows exactly how this will all unfold. He is working it all out according to His perfect plan to give our family hope and a future.

Thank you, Jesus, for Your perfect plans. May we always put our hope only in You!

2 comments:

Andrea Young said...

YAY~! Another step closer to that baby girl! Praying for your family as you run this race with perserverance! I love seeing your enthusiasm and joy...such sweet gifts from the Lord to get you to your baby girl!

natali said...

yay!! :))